ROI- Discipline and Underperformance at Work9:30 AM
Legal-Island | Irish Employment Law Hub
Dealing with discipline and underperformance can be challenging and stressful for employees and employers alike, but it does need to be addressed.
In the world of work, managing underperforming employees and handling conduct-related matters is part of the job! This workshop will in particular look at:
- Managing the underperformer
- Handling different types of misconduct issues that require various disciplinary outcomes up to and including dismissal
- Addressing the complexity of handling grievances and other contingencies raised during a disciplinary process
Our expert trainer, Michelle Halloran of Human Resource Management Services, has designed a framework for the workshop that delegates will be able to customise.
- Do you need to know about soft skills, coaching, or motivation? Michelle has exercises to build your skills in these areas.
- Do you need to move to more formal procedures or, perhaps, dismiss an employee? Michelle also has exercises to suit.
We cover everything you see on the programme but we focus on the parts delegates most want to develop.
What are the learning outcomes?
This workshop combines practical advice and exercises on managing underperformance and discipline at work. Template letters and other materials compliant with the statutory dismissal procedures are used in this highly interactive course. Soft copies of the templates will be sent after the course by email link.
Who should attend?
Anyone with responsibility for carrying out or advising on disciplinary or performance processes. This event is targeted at managers and supervisors seeking to acquire knowledge and skills in this area but even experienced supervisors should find new materials and tips for motivating underperforming employees.
When and where?
9.30am - 4.30pm on Wednesday 6th September 2017
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport
Early Bird Rate: €355 (deadline Friday 21st July)
Standard rate: €395
Save an additional €20 if you pay online when booking.